The Library Board meets quarterly on the third Thursday of January, April, July, and October.
Agendas are available prior to meetings.
View Most Recent
| View All
- Bonnie Cain
- Holly Evers
- Amanda Fortney
- Francis Foster
- Van French
Ordinance No. 2678 requires the Guthrie Library Board to consist of five citizens of the City of Guthrie who reside within the corporate limits. All members are appointed by the Mayor and approved by City Council
. Members serve a three-year term.
- Establish the policies of the library
- Because the Board represents the public, it will establish policies for the library that suit the citizens of its community
- Assist the director in administering the library through established board committees, which may include a budget committee to assist in budget preparation and a public relations committee to assist in bringing the library’s message to people’s attention
- Engage in short- and long-range planning for the library by learning about libraries and library issues and keeping themselves informed on trends, changes, problems, and opportunities
- Serve as library advocates by promoting the library at all times through their daily activities
- Offer their endorsement and support for the library’s budget request
- Serve as a contact point for citizens who want to offer suggestions for the operation of their library