Mayor Chuck Burtcher is active in a number of events in town, including:
- Clear Water Ride – This is a fundraiser for the water treatment plant that includes a bike ride in May.
- International Bluegrass Festival – The Mayor has served as Sheriff of the Bluegrass Festival grounds since its inception.
- Red Cross Fundraiser – For two years, the Mayor has camped atop a downtown building and lowered a bucket to accept donations for the Logan County Red Cross. What a trooper!
- Music Series – The Mayor’s latest endeavor is to organize a music program to be held at the Masonic Temple in January 2010. This event will be a fundraiser to help the Cimarron Community Foundation.
- Liberty Lake Improved Horse Riding and Camping Project