Guthrie Public Library is proud to present Mango, online language learning whenever and where ever you want:
Try Mango now!
Don't forget about our downloadable eBooks, audiobooks, and music:
Go to the OK Virtual Library now!
The Let's Talk About It, Oklahoma!
book discussion series is back!
Get the details and view the schedule here!
Cynthia Selinger, MLIS
Director of Library Services
201 N. Division
Ph: (405) 282-0050
Fx: (405) 282-2804
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
9:00 am - 8:00 pm
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Our accomplishments over the past year include:
- The library currently owns 28,083 materials with a value of $777,483.88 ($28 average value per item).
- We checked out 82,835 items. Of this amount, 62,189 were books, 19,150 were audio books and movies, and 1,496 were magazines.
- We checked out 34,963 books. In 2007, the average cost of a fiction hardcover book was $33.45. The library saved the community approximately $1,169,512.30.
- We checked out 18,072 DVDs and VHS movies. At the current rate of $1.09 for renting a movie from RedBox, we saved the community approximately $19,743.66.
- Library staff issued 6,881 cards to citizens throughout Logan County. Of this number, 4,838 are adult cardholders and 2,043 are youth cardholders.
- Our staff has been very busy with programs. We had 24 adult programs with 163 people attending; 12 teen programs with 186 people attending; and 59 children’s programs with 856 people attending. Our Summer Reading Program was also successful with 307 children enrolled. We had total attendance of 1,139 people. We had 189 teens participate in the Summer Reading Program.
- Our public access computers allow people to access the internet, as well as create documents and spreadsheets. Our 11 computers are heavily used with 11,989 logons. This number includes online catalog logons. This number does not include people using our free wireless access.
- We participate in the Interlibrary Loan program and loaned 105 items to other libraries. We borrowed 325 items for our patrons.