Building Permits & Licenses
When Do You Need A Permit?
A permit is required for new construction, additions, or alterations. Examples of projects that require permits are:
- Structures over 120 square feet in area
- Room additions
- In-ground swimming pools and above ground pools deeper than 24 inches
- Retaining walls four feet and over
- Interior remodels or modification to existing structures
- Electrical service changes and upgrades
- Installation of all electrical branch circuits and receptacles
- Central Heat and Air Conditioning Equipment
- Water heater replacement
- Sewer and water line installation
Permits are not normally required for painting, installing Sheetrock or floor tile. If you are uncertain as to whether a permit is needed, contact Construction Services at 405-282-1110
If you do work, or have work done, without a required permit, you will be in violation of the City of Guthrie Municipal Code. Additional fees will be incurred; including double permit fees and possible fines.