Planning & Zoning
The Planning Department performs a variety of services intended to protect, maintain, and develop an attractive, safe, and healthy environment. Primary functions address property development and land use activities occurring in the City. These include use of:
- Guthrie Comprehensive Plan (PDF)
- Guthrie Zoning Ordinance (PDF)
- Historic Preservation Ordinance (PDF)
- HPC Design Guidelines (PDF)
- Architectural Design Standards, Accessory Buildings and Fences (PDF)
- Guthrie Drainage Ordinance (PDF)
- Landscape Ordinance
- Floodplain Management
Planning Documents and Maps
- Guthrie Zoning Map (PDF)
- Guthrie Proper Overlay District (PDF)
- Capitol Townsite Historic District (PDF)
- Residential Accessory Building Overlays (PDF)
Zoning regulates land uses within the City. Each parcel in the City is assigned to a zone which describes the regulations under which that land may be used. The Zoning Ordinance identifies allowable uses and sets standards such as minimum lot size, maximum building heights, and set-back requirements. For specific requests on how your property is zoned, please complete the Zoning Verification Request.
The City of Guthrie established the Architectural Design Standards to set minimum standards for architecture, site planning, and landscaping. These standards are applied to new development or improvements to existing development.
Zoning Verification Request
If you need a zoning verification letter please contact (405) 282-0190 or email the request. You will receive a response by email unless there is question about the subject property and then a staff member will contact you by phone.